128 - To Blame Or To make Excuses is to BE LAME
Program 128 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 128 titled:
To Blame Or To make Excuses is to BE LAME
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – What was your number one excuse you made over the past year OR who did you blame the most for a fault in your life?
JT: ANSWER & “How about you?
- Bob – POINT: We all make excuses OR blame someone for what has gone wrong… but the right thing to do and make a conscientious effort about in the coming year is to take responsibility which is another way of saying, have integrity in all things…
Proverbs 20:7 (ESV) — 7 The righteous who walks in his integrity— blessed are his children after him!
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
To Blame Or To make Excuses is to BE LAME
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- To Blame Or To make Excuses is to BE LAME
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Let’s go back to uncovering the basis of excuse making or blaming others for our faults and failures…
1st of all it’s SIN all excuses and blaming are sinful actions caused by the fact that we have inherited a desire to sin from Adam… and we follow through in carrying it out daily.
Romans 5:12 (ESV) — 12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
Let’s look at Adam’s sin in the Garden… He rebelled against God by eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil then He blamed God as he made excuse for doing so because of His wife, whom he also blamed.
Genesis 3:8–13 (ESV) — 8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” 10 And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” 11 He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?” 12 The man said, “The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate.” 13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
So stop and think about how quickly we are to make excuses OR blame ((ILLUSTRATION))))
… and it’s really SIN…
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How can we overcome this tendency to make excuses or blame?
SPIRITUALLY - we rely upon the power of the Spirit to overcome any and all sin… feeding upon the word of God
MENTALLY – think “take responsibility” instead of trying to portray a life of perfection which by the way will never be achieved. On that note there are little precautions you can take to make sure you don’t have to make an excuse…
Like if you are always late and come up with excuses … train yourself to always leave early enough to cover the unforeseen things that might make you late.
If you are always forgetting things – start making lists and keep the list with you…
It’s all part of the discipline of taking responsibility and as we say, discipline makes the difference in all aspects of life.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Resolutions or goals? Which is better when it comes to changing the physical in the coming year?
- Bob’s answer…
Lots of resolutions equal parking problems at health clubs for the month of January but just wait the majority of resolutions will be gone by 30 days or at most 60 days. Why because they are built on the big picture and because people are impatient when they don’t see results right away – they give up.
Goals on the other hand, broken down into steps and achievable steps at that give a person this thing called momentum which keeps on going to achievement.
Two aspects really help are based upon accountability – a friend or a coach… and of course the achieveablity of the goals.
HOW ABOUT YOU JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 128
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”