248 - Digging Out The Root Of Bitterness
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 248 – SHOW NOTES (2023 – 18)
Show date – May 16, 2023
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 248 titled:
Digging Out The Root Of Bitterness
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – We are talking today about … “Digging Out The Root Of Bitterness”
So JT What does that title bring up to your mind?
- Bob – POINT: Bitterness is sin and it pops up when you least expect it… and there is only one thing to do is dig it out and cut it out by the roots…
Hebrews 12:15 (ESV) — 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
“Digging Out The Root Of Bitterness”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Digging Out The Root Of Bitterness”
Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? What would you like our listeners to know about this week?
- Bob – Power In The Valley –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
You brought up forgiveness in the article. Why is forgiving others so important? Isn’t it enough to be forgiven by God?
- Bob & JT discuss
Ephesians 4:31–32 (ESV) — 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Matthew 6:9–15 (ESV) — 9 Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us this day our daily bread, 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT”
You mentioned the mental side of life in your article and the importance of feeding our minds the right stuff - so how can we do that?
- Bob & JT discuss
Romans 3:10–14 (ESV) — 10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; 11 no one understands; no one seeks for God. 12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” 13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” 14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Matthew 15:11 (ESV) — 11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”
Proverbs 23:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; But his heart is not with thee.
Psalm 141:3 (ESV) — 3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!
- (JT) Third Question …. From the physical side of life…
It seems logical but let’s talk about the study from Harvard last year that found exercising regularly helps you live longer.
- Bob and JT discuss…
“July 29, 2022 – Getting the federally recommended amount of physical activity can reduce the risk of early death—but boosting activity higher can further reduce the risk, according to a study co-authored by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health’s Dong Hoon Lee.
The study, published July 25 in the journal Circulation, analyzed 30 years of medical records and mortality data from more than 100,000 adults enrolled in the Nurses’ Health Study and the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study. Researchers found that people who followed the minimum guidelines for physical activity—150–300 minutes per week of moderate-intensity activity, or 75–150 minutes per week of vigorous-intensity activity—reduced their risk of early death by as much as 21%. But people who exercised from two to four times the minimum were able to lower their risk by as much as 31%.
Anything thoughts on this JT?
Bob’s final comment –It doesn’t take all that much but if you are disciplined to exercise regularly you will benefit - of course be disciplined enough to talk to your doctor before you begin any exercise program BUT it pays to add this discipline to your life….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 248.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for OUR answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast (((:03 pause)))
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Power In The Valley
(((pause for music transition)))
(JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.