209 - Unceasing Prayer
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 209 – SHOW NOTES (2022 – 31)
Show date –8/2/22
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 209 titled:
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – We are talking today about … “Unceasing Prayer”…
So JT What does that title bring up to your mind?
- Bob – POINT: There are times when we see things in the Bible that look impossible so we just blow it off as if it doesn’t count but the words are there…
1 Thessalonians 5:17 “pray without ceasing
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? What would you like our listeners to know about this week?
- Bob – God’s Powerline of Prayer –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Explain again how we can be in an attitude of unceasing prayer without actually praying 24/7.
- Bob & JT discuss
Key is unbroken fellowship with God which begins with time with God in His word and prayer….
From there we know that Jesus taught the need to keep coming back to God in prayer – which indicates that “praying without ceasing” is NOT necessarily praying continually
We also know the Holy Spirit will as we stay in fellowship will prompt us to pray - maybe shorter prayers throughout the day
Our praying – regular times of devoted prayer and shorter prayers throughout the day will be living in a DEPENDENT attitude which is a critical point to prayer.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT”
What is the key to longer prayer sessions?
- Bob & JT discuss
The word of God and follow the word of God in prayer
Example 2 Chronicles 20
- (JT) Third Question …. From the physical side of life…
What do you do when it’s too hot to workout outside?
- Bob and JT discuss…
- Workout INSIDE
- Taking more breaks than you normally do to rehydrate
- Slow down
- Cover up from the sun
- Workout earlier in the day to miss the heat and sun combo
- Cut your workout or skip it
BE SMART – NOT A HERO
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 209.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for OUR answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast (((:03 pause)))
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- God’s Powerline of Prayer
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.