170 - Where Is Your Identity?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 170 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 170 titled:
Where Is Your Identity?
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – We are talking today about … Identity and in Who do you think you are?…Actually talking about how we identify ourselves…
LIKE – Bob, the Christian, Bob the husband of Jan, Bob the pastor, Bob the cyclist… You get the drift of where we are going….
SO WHO IS JOHN TREBINO, aka “JT?”
JT answers and discussion
- Bob – POINT: Our self-identity is very important because that will tell us from within how we respond to various situations. If we see ourselves as a confident person or if we see ourselves as a nothing… OR in the case of a Christian, he/she sees themselves as a child of God, under His rule and His care…
John 10:27–30 (ESV) — 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Where Is Your Identity?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Where Is Your Identity?
Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?
- Bob – Power Of Gratitude –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How should we view ourselves as a Christian? What difference does it make.
First from the Heidelburg catechism…1563
- Q. What is your only comfort in life and death?
- That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and has set me free from all the power of the devil. He also preserves me in such a way that without the will of my heavenly Father not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, all things must work together for my salvation. Therefore, by His Holy Spirit He also assures me of eternal life and makes me heartily willing and ready from now on to live for Him. I
Such confidence and HOPE
Ephesians 1:3–7 (KJV) — 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Psalm 68:19 (KJV) — 19 Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loadeth us with benefits, Even the God of our salvation. Selah.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT”
Why is having a proper self-identity important?
Proverbs 23:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; But his heart is not with thee.
- We tend to act out the way we see ourselves – for good or bad
- We need a proper view of ourselves in the light of the scriptures
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- Let’s talk about eating… LIKE WHAT DO YOU EAT before – DURING – and after workouts?
- BB & JT discuss ---
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 170.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for OUR answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Power Of Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.