148 - Consistent And Persistent
Program 148 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 148 titled:
Consistent and Persistent
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Today we’re talking about “Consistent and Persistent” .. So the question is this: how has your consistency led to your being persistent in any given area of life?
- Bob – POINT: Really the two go hand in hand… consistency and being persistent…
Paul the apostle was quite a consistent person in thing pertaining to following Christ, hence when challenged over and over in ministry he was notably persistent.
1 Corinthians 9:24–27 (ESV) — 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Consistent and Persistent
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Consistent and Persistent”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Basic Prayer Training” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Let’s talk about some ways to be consistent in life that will lead to being persistent.
Let’s first talk about the need for a consistent prayer life…
- It’s the right thing to do when you follow the admonition of Jesus and His call to pray…
- When a consistent prayer life is developed, then emergencies are not crisis because you have a steady line of communication with God
- Consistency in prayer does not leave room for discouragement when prayer is seemingly not answered by God… Remember the story of the friend who went to his neighbor?
Of course we could talk about the consistency of Bible reading and knowing the word of God, and the promises of God which help to give encouragement all the time.
Consistency in honoring God in worship is also part of being a consistent life of being a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.
What all that means… is this: when things get tough and they will you will be more persistent if you are consistent in your spiritual life.
Think about it… if you are ready to give up on spiritual things… what makes you think you will stick it out in other aspects of life.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
So being persistent is more than just a constant convincing yourself to NOT QUIT… rather it flows from a life of consistency, right?
You said it… and are right. When you are inconsistent in one area of your life, you’ll be inconsistent in all areas of life… and being persistent when things get tough is really hard but if you apply the principles of being consistent in all areas of life you’ll find being persistent is just another piece in the puzzle so quitting is not an option.
Consistency takes discipline and as we say, discipline makes the difference in all aspects of life.
- (JT) Third Question ….WAIT A MINUTE WE ARE NOT THROUGH YET…((teehee)) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What is a person to do if they are working out consistently but not getting the results for which they are looking?
- BB & JT discuss ---
Of course there are several factors to consider, depending upon the person and the goal but here are some general things to take into consideration….
- Check out your focus when you workout. (More than a zone out)
- Rate your workout intensities… (should be a variety)
- Evaluate your eating…
- Volume – too much, not enough,
- Amount of protein and carbohydrates
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 148.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Basic Prayer Training
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.