147 - Joy and Enthusiasm
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 147 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 147 titled:
Joy And Enthusiasm
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Today we’re talking about “joy and enthusiasm” .. when are you most like that?
- Bob – POINT: If we are truthful about things… we are more prone to be murmuring and complaining than being full of joy and enthusiasm about the things of God… BUT WAIT… that is exactly why God told the children of Israel to guard against serving Him without joy and enthusiasm.
Deuteronomy 28:47-48 (ESV) 47 Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joyfulness and gladness of heart, because of the abundance of all things, 48 therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you, in hunger and thirst, in nakedness, and lacking everything. And he will put a yoke of iron on your neck until he has destroyed you.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Joy and enthusiasm
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Joy and Enthusiasm”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How can we from a spiritual aspect make sure we are entering each day with a spirit of joy and enthusiasm?
1 Corinthians 4:7 (ESV) — 7 For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
James 1:17 (ESV) — 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
That really says it all… take inventory everyday of what you have.. spiritually, physically… just think… that anything and everything you have is a gift from God… even as God reminded His people that their ability to earn is a gift from Him.
What does God require?
- GOOD STEWARDSHIP
- Joy and enthusiasm when it comes to serving Him…
Some people serve God for what they can get… but God says the proper way to serve Him is to motivated by what you have received…
Psalm 68:19 (King James Version) Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
It sounds like having a mindset of joy and enthusiasm is necessary and I’ll predict you’ll say that comes from spending time everyday in a gratitude.
You can’t get away from the call for gratitude… people have written tons of articles of how it helps you financially by being grateful everyday… how being grateful helps you emotionally… and even has physical benefits…
Being grateful takes discipline and any discipline starts with a decision… a decision to be grateful and to prepare for it… by starting a gratitude journal by talking with other members of your family about it… and encouraging others to be grateful…
Also having a plan to get back on the gratitude highway when thrown off by negativity.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
There are benefits from hill workouts – walking, running, and cycling… BUT what can a person do if they don’t have access or close access to hills?
- BB & JT discuss ---
- Add resistance. Carry weight, add a weighted vest, add weight to your bicyle
- Welcome a windy day and go into the wind. (((free resistance)))
- Run / walk / ride at a steady interval – that would equal your effort for a hill and the time it would take for a hill
- Everything you do to increase your overall fitness will also help.
What say you, JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 147.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Time Management
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.