146 - Outdoing One Another
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 146 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 146 titled:
Outdoing One Another
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – In what area(s) do you see people competing the most today?
- Bob – POINT: Let’s face it. It really is a dog-eat-dog world today where everyone seems to be looking out for themselves and taking advantage of every moment to get the upper hand.
Romans 12:9–13 (ESV) — 9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Outdo One Another
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Outdo One Another”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How does God’s word keep us from competing for personal gain in trying to get the advantage over others?
The clear instruction of the 24 “one another’s” will keep us from looking out for ourselves above others… if we will follow God’s word. For instance…
Ephesians 5:20–21 (ESV) — 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Hebrews 10:24–25 (ESV) — 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Philippians 2:3 (ESV) — 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How can we keep the “outdoing one another” forefront in our minds?
It takes discipline… but that’s what “denying yourself and taking up your cross daily and following the Lord Jesus Christ” is all about… self discipline. It’s knowing the natural tendency is to look out for yourself so you make the effort, especially at the beginning to overcome the self motivation and look out for the needs of others..
Need a little more motivation?
Philippians 2:3–8 (ESV) — 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about the importance of a varied workout plan…
- BB & JT discuss ---
Great idea… because we all get locked into a certain workout regimen and after a while find it impossible to do so we blow it off or we lose the enjoyment and we quit. So vary things up a bit…
- Time constraints may mean you cut out your workout but instead… do a harder more intense workout in the shorter time you have.
- Have different training partners for different types of workouts… there are some who will push push push which is good but you need those who like to just chat and enjoy the scenery … and still others that need a little push themselves so you become the motivation and that will get you going.
- Stop and smell the roses --- enjoy a treat along the way. ((Marcel & “sweetie”)
What think you JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 146.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Time Management
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.