144 - Heart To Heart
Program 144 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 144 titled:
Heart To Heart
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Did anyone ever have one of those heart to heart talks with you? … and in the midst of the heart to heart were you ever asked, “what was your heart’s desire?
- Bob – POINT: We may not think of it like this but God is not only ready and willing to hear about our heart’s desire but to make sure that we are in a position to receive what is best for us He is actually working on us heart to heart to desire what His heart’s desire is for us… and guess what? – We receive it…
Romans 8:26–27 (ESV) — 26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Heart To Heart
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Heart To Heart”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “God’s Powerline Of Prayer” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
If God is working on our heart’s desires to desire what He desires, how can we cooperate instead of wrestling with God over our heart’s desires?
The first thing is to realize our tendency to desire things that are not good for us… It doesn’t mean everything is bad but how many times have you desired something and later thanked God that those foolish desires were not met?
Jeremiah 17:9 (ESV) — 9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
Secondly, that means we need to depend upon and cooperate with the work of the Holy Spirit as He brings our desires into conformity to the desires of God since He, the Holy Spirit is one with the Father and the Son so He not only understands the desires of God, since they are His also, and He is working in us and on our thinking through the word of God and prayer, through the preaching and teaching of the word, and through corporate worship.
Once you have enjoyed the power of the Spirit of God in times of prayer, reading, studying, or the preaching of God’s word in the worship service then God by His Holy Spirit gives you a longing to enjoy more of that… Hence your heart’ desire…
Psalm 37:4 (ESV) — 4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How can we from a mental standpoint “find our delight in the Lord?”
Upon what are you feeding?
If you feed upon God and His word and spend time with Him in prayer – and determine to make Him your delight --- which is really cooperating with the Holy Spirit Who is leading you to do that… then you will find your delight in Him…
Isaiah 58:13–14 (ESV) — 13 “If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; 14 then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about changing a habit or establishing a good habit like working out.
I’ve heard you say it takes 13 weeks to establish a good habit, which seems like a long time, so why do 30 day challenges work so well … or should I say are so popular?
- BB & JT discuss ---
30 day challenges help get you started with a new habit since it’s just enough time to see some positive results begin to happen. However to seal the deal you need to keep working on and establishing the habit with positive reinforcement – celebrating little successes along the way, as well as being open to making midcourse corrections… but it’s pretty well established that it takes 13 weeks for a new habit to be reinforced…
But even then a good habit can be crushed by a mere two times of going back to an old habit… which means any habit you establish … those things you do without thinking…. Takes discipline from the start and all along the way.
What think you JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 144.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- God’s Powerline Of Prayer
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.