143 - From Prehab To Rehab
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 143 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 143 titled:
From Prehab To Rehab
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – I’m sure in all your days of HS and college football you had to rehab an injury or two… how was that?
JT: ANSWER // and you?
- Bob – POINT: The point is we all have had to rehab something in life --- from physical injuries to life setbacks… maybe the best advice I heard was from and MLB player who said his best rehab was actually prehab… which is something that Jesus did for his disciples and us…
John 16:33 (ESV) — 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
FROM PREHAB TO REHAB
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“FROM PREHAB TO REHAB”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Power In The Valley” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Let’s go over again how we can prehab spiritually the setbacks of life for which we’ll need to rehab once things happen… How does that work?
Take in God’s word … and take the warnings as well as the comfort in before things are needed…
Romans 5:3–5 (ESV) — 3 Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
Romans 8:35–37 (ESV) — 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
Taking in the comfort of God’s word …. Before you feel you need it will help you have it on ready when it is needed….
Just like praying …. Some people pray when times are tough but not when times are good… in order to prehab you develop a prayer life before you are desperately in need… then when tough times come you know where to go… and you are not blown over by the events of life so much.
From Prehab To Rehab
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How does developing or following God’s strategy of PREHAB help us keep our focus for REHAB?
First it keeps your focus upon God… as you turn to His word and to Him in prayer --- your focus is all about Him … so when an event or events happen … you are in touch for the comfort, strength, and encouragement… to say nothing of guidance
Secondly, when you are working on prehab --- you will be growing – hence you’ll be stronger to face hard circumstances….
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about cycling and some very important tips for those who are either taking up the sport or getting ready for a new season…
- BB & JT discuss ---
- Work on the fundamentals – moderate speed – working on bike handling – or adding some basic intervals as you add time on the saddle
- Like training for any sport – it takes patience and time to build strength and speed – Don’t blow it.
- Listen to your body – don’t try to train like others.. know when to say NO
- Do something – you can’t make gains by just sitting around
- When it doubt – make it an easy recovery ride… it’s OK
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 143.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Power In The Valley
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.