141 - Great Expectations
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 141 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 141 titled:
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – What are some of your expectations that you have of God?
JT: ANSWER, --- How about you?
BB: ANSWER AND SEQUE
- Bob – POINT: God has given every reason to expect great things from Him… but how about His expectation for us…
Psalm 100:4–5 (ESV) — 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! 5 For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “One Breath From Death” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How do we gain an appreciation of what we can expect from God?
The Promises of God
“Whenever you read the promises of God – it’s God saying, “here’s what you can expect from me…”
2 Corinthians 1:20 (ESV) — 20 For all the promises of God find their Yes in him. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.
Titus 1:2 (ESV) — 2 in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began
Hebrews 6:17–20 (ESV) — 17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, 18 so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 19 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
2 Peter 1:3–4 (ESV) — 3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
Upon what do we focus mentally in order to live up to God’s expectation of us?
- First and foremost upon the way God lives up to the great expectations that we can have of Him.
- Secondly, we must mentally acknowledge our inabilities to live up to the expectation of Scripture…
- Thirdly – we make a conscientious effort to work on those expectations in God’s word --- relying upon the power of God within us… and that brings us back to our expectation of God
Ephesians 1:19–21 (ESV) — 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What should we expect physically as we get older?
- BB & JT discuss ---
- Maybe slower, more concentration on rest, take needed breaks
- OR as one old cyclist put it….
- Learn to wiggle your toes – stay out of the rut
- Do your best and don’t get down on yourself
- Keep in mind that there’s always someone better – OK
- Enjoy rest days
- Don’t be complacent – don’t let life pass you by
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 141.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- One Breath From Death
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”