138 - What Are You Thinking?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 138 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 138 titled:
What Are You Thinking?
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Have you ever had a “what were thinking” moment?
JT: ANSWER, --- How about you?
BB: ANSWER AND SEQUE
- Bob – POINT: We’ve all had them … those moments when you could say to yourself if someone else doesn’t beat you to it… What are you thinking? Especially when we face times of doubt and discouragement because things aren’t going our way… when we begin to question God and perhaps His promises to care for us… BUT WAIT
Romans 8:31–32 (ESV) — 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
That’s when we need to stop and say, “What are you thinking?”
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
What Are you thinking?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“What are you thinking”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How do we avoid those “What was I thinking?” moments in life?
- Non humility = Samson and Peter
1 Peter 5:5–7 (ESV) — 5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
James 1:5–8 (ESV) — 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Psalm 139:23–24 (ESV) — 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
Psalm 19:14 (ESV) — 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
“What was I thinking?” = WARNING SIGN TO RETURN TO HUMILITY
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
What do those “what was I thinking?” moments do for us mentally?
- Take good assessment in review of what we have done, said, or the way we’ve reacted…
- Like review of films after a football game – what could I change, how could I improve, what should I do differently
- Not to beat ourselves up but to learn from our experiences
- WATCH OUT FOR THE ANTS
- ASSESS – LEARN – CHANGE - GROW
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What are some “what was I thinking” moments in training?
- BB & JT discuss --- EXAMPLES
- Trying to train like the pros
- Trying to race like the pros
- Trying to be someone I’m not
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline …. To assess – admit – learn – change and grow
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 138.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”