132 - Needed Interuptions
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 132 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 132 titled:
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Let’s talk about interruptions in life…
What are some of things that interrupt your life and what was a major interruption in life for you?
JT: ANSWER & “How about you?
- Bob – POINT: Interruptions … we all have them. Sometimes we just press right through them and other times we have to take a step back, regroup, and get going again…. Maybe even in a different direction. One thing for sure we get from the Bible is that those interruptions in life are not by accident … so in the midst of interruption we need all the more to trust in God who is in control.
Romans 8:28 (ESV) — 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Finding Delight In The Lord’s Day” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
It sounds like from your blog that you are saying all interruptions are like tests for us…and they have a purpose. What are some of the purposes that God has for interruption?
- Probably the number one purpose for an interruption is to cause us or to teach us to trust in the Lord.
Proverbs 3:5–6 (ESV) — 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- That was the case of the disciples when Jesus told them to come away for some rest then tested them with the crowd and the need for food…
- Let’s face it we can all increase in our faith so an interruption that brings us to call upon God and learn to trust him is an important interruption.
- Another aim for interruptions in our lives is the need to prioritize. Many things call for our attention and if we aren’t careful we follow those interruptions instead of learning to say “NO.”
1 Corinthians 9:24–27 (ESV) — 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- On that same line… many interruptions allow us to realize that things… careers, hobbies, even family have taken a place in our lives that should only belong to God… in other words we’ve fallen for an idol. And God is a jealous God and wants our undivided attention, love and service.
Mark 12:29–31 (ESV) — 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
There are more … these are some to get the conversation started….
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How can a person prepare for interruptions so that when they come, they are not thrown into the emotional pit?
Plan for it! Interruptions will come. Knowing they will come then it’s good to have a plan of actions when they come.
Like when you flat on your bike… you can get mad or have a plan in mind to change it.
It’s like the really great triathletes have gone through various interruption scenarios in their mind and how they are going to handle things…
Here’s the really good part about being a follower of Jesus Christ – we are assured in the Bible that God has a plan for every interruption in our lives…
1 Peter 1:6–7 (ESV) — 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
It’s like you playing your guitar on Sunday at your church – in your mind having an idea of what could go wrong and how you will deal with it.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- Let’s talk intermittent fasting…
Any thoughts about how this can influence training?
- Bob’s answer…
- First of all the benefits of intermittent fasting include weight loss, training your body to burn fat, and decreasing inflammation.
- Well I’d say you’re the expert on this more than me but Jan and I have been following Dave Asprey’s new book on fasting and the part on intermittent fasting in particular.
- We have found the “bulletproof coffee” with MCT oil and butter really does carry you through the 14 or 16 hour periods of not eating
- And… I have done some working out in a fasted state and although they recommend you not do anything anaerobic I have and really did not feel the lack of energy I thought I might.
HOW ABOUT YOU JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 132.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Finding Delight In The Lord’s Day
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”