129 - Life Is Never Easy
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 129 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 129 titled:
Life Is Never Easy
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
REMEMBER LAST TIME YOU SAID THAT IF THINGS ARE EASY IT’S PROBABLY NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO?
Matthew 7:13–14 (ESV) — 13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
That is why we are considering today…. “LIFE IS NEVER EASY!”
BB – What is the toughest thing you faced in 2020?
JT: ANSWER & “How about you?
- Bob – POINT: Let’s face it --- Life Is Never Easy – especially when you want to do the right thing… The good news is that God gives us in His word - MOTIVATION, INSTRUCTION, AND PROMISED REWARD..
James 4:6 (ESV) — 6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Life Is Never Easy
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Life Is Never Easy
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Running To Win” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Jesus said… in Matthew 7:13–14 (ESV) — 13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
What is the motivation for choosing the way that is NOT EASY through life?
Besides the words of Jesus, that you read… Hear again the words of the apostle Paul:
2 Timothy 2:1–7 (ESV) — 1 You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, 2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also. 3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 5 An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops. 7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.
- God strengthens us by His grace
- God gives us examples in His word
- God gives us illustrations of those who find success in “the non-easy” way of life… namely the soldier, the athlete, and the farmer
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How does a person get over the hump of the inward desire to always take the easy route?
Well first of all let’s just look at how “taking the easy way” works out for people…
- Are people really happy and fulfilled or are they ever looking for the next way to fulfill their easy cravings?
- Take a look at how motivated people are who choose the “non easy” road in life – how everyday they have motivation, find true satisfaction in their achievements of discipline…. And know they are ever making progress toward a goal…
1 Corinthians 9:24–27 (ESV) — 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- Does a person have to slow down as they age?
- Like when a person turns 50 does that mean they have to cut back on their goals or can they push as hard as they did when they were 30?
- Bob’s answer…
- Depends on the mental and physical make up the person.
- Granted as we age, the response of muscles and strength levels may not be what they once were… (((aging brings a decrease in muscle mass and strength)) - hence the need for more weight or resistance training and an increase in protein…
- It is proven that as one ages the times of recovery need to increase in order to become fully recovered and to keep from being “run down.”
BUT… Statistics and studies prove that many older athletes when they handle things correctly --- strength training, eating well, and getting proper rest, can hold their own and maybe even improve in speed and endurance.
HOW ABOUT YOU JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 129.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Running To Win
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”