127 - Hope For The Future
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 127 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 127 titled:
Hope For The Future
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – With the two of us taking some time off for family time, this will be the last podcast of 2020 --- as we’ll resume after the first of the year… so today we’re talking about hope for the future… PUT ON YOUR PROGNOSTICATOR HATE and give us your take on what 2021 holds….
- JT: ANSWER & “How about you, what are your prospect of 2021?
- Bob – POINT: We don’t know what the future holds but as the old song says, we know who holds the future….
Psalm 31:15 (ESV) — 15 My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
Ephesians 3:20–21 (ESV) — 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Hope For The Future
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Hope For The Future
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Let’s face it – many people are discouraged by the situations in life right now… What can we do spiritually to take on a brighter hope for tomorrow… and next year?
Back to Basic… The blog was about Isaiah 40… and that wonderful promise made in verse 31
Isaiah 40:31 (ESV) — 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
So begin with the promise of God… which is promised to those who “wait on the Lord”
1st – Does God ever lie? (He can’t because He speaks His will and If He wills something it will come to pass … NOBODY and NOTHING can stop Him so it would be impossible for Him to lie.
2nd – The promise is made by the God who (as described in Isaiah 40) is a stability personified, of complete understanding … and who compassionately made this promise to those who were doubting the viability of any future.
3rd – Note the promise is based upon the premise … and here lies our responsibility – “WAITING ON THE LORD.”
Make we are waiting on the Lord – by review the principles of above
Make sure we are waiting on the Lord by Waiting Upon the Lord as “servants.”
Basis of building our faith – Luke 17
The answer then is … rising above, grace to endure, and help to persevere…
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
HOW!!! HOW DO WE KEEP WAITING WHEN NOTHING IS CHANGING, IN FACT IT OFTEN SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE?
- You may not see what all God is doing in you, in the situation which involves people, events, etc.
- Remember He has it all under control and our job is not instruct Him or understand all that He is doing – simply to trust Him
Same principle – God says trust me --- which means we need to grab hold of our minds and remind ourselves of who God is and His faithfulness in the past (((GRATITUDE))) AND His promises..
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about physical goals for the coming year… why are they important, what guiding principles do you have about making them, and what are some of yours?
- Bob’s answer…
- You’ll never have the pleasure of achieving a goal that is not made (duh)
- Goals are best written down
- Realistic --- acceptable – stretch – best case scenario ((Ironman))
- Keep up enough fitness to keep my lungs working, enough strength and endurance to keep up with the boys, since I’m not sure of any racing or events in the coming year – I’m being realistic by not making any of those goals
Acceptable …. General fitness improvement – cycling swimming and weight training
Best Scenario – Faster and improved endurance –riding with 30 year olds
HOW ABOUT YOU JT?
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 127
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Gratitude
ALSO… A REMINDER THAT JT AND I WILL BE TAKING A BREAK FROM THE PODCAST FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS – We’ll return to record on January 5th which means the next podcast will go out on January 12, 2021. Thank you for your faithful listening.
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”