126 - What Are Your Really Saying?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 126 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 126 titled:
What Are Your Really Saying?
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – So what are you really saying?
- JT: ANSWER
- Sounds like we are continuing the discussion on integrity that we started last week.
- Bob – POINT: Our words matter as do our actions – the question should always be asked of ourselves if what we say and what we do match…
Matthew 7:20 (ESV) — 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
What Are Your Really Saying?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
What Are Your Really Saying?
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Strength Training For Your Love Life” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Let’s talk about Christian liberty. Many people say that what they put on, say – Facebook is their business and we have no business challenging them on this. So what would you say about that?
Galatians 5:13–14 (ESV) — 13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
1 Thessalonians 5:22 (ESV) — 22 Abstain from every form of evil.
1 Thessalonians 5:22 (KJV) — 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1 Peter 2:11 (ESV) — 11 Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.
Matthew 7:15–20 (ESV) — 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.”
Liberty yes … license to do as you please – NO – especially since what you do drags the name by which you were called into whatever you do, say, or stand for..
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
You mentioned “consistency” in your blog --- how from a mental standpoint do we make sure we are consistent?
- I went to the store to take advantage of an advertised BOGO… when the store didn’t have the item… I asked for a “raincheck” which the store had always given in similar situations… in fact I think it’s the law to avoid “Bait and switch” – anyway when I was told the store does give rain checks any more… I WAS FLOORED… and disappointed. Not just because I didn’t get my BOGO but their attitude of “too bad so sad” really bothered me.
- Now just think about it how people are looking at Christians … and what happens when a Christian is inconsistent with their Christianity… or really living up to the Christian world view that what they do or think or stand for really matters because the ultimate Judge sees all…. All the time.
Matthew 7:21–23 (ESV) — 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What are some creative ways you can get in strength training if you can’t make it to a gym or if you don’t have weights at home?
- Bob’s answer…
- I’d be interested in what say you on this subject…
- But first I’d say, body weight exercises can fulfill this in part ---
- Push ups
- Of course there are a plethora of exercises with bands…
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 126
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Strength Training For Your Love Life
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”