119 - Are you available?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 119 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 118 titled:
Are you available?
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – Tell us about how you came to be a volunteer in the music team at your church? / Did you think of yourself as available?
- JT: ANSWER
- JT – How about you? How did you come about going into the ministry?
- Bob – POINT: God is not impressed with our abilities as every ability is from Him to begin with… but He is looking for our “availability”
Romans 12:1–2 (ESV) — 1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
Are you available?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Are you available?
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Gratitude” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
How is our availability a sign of our spiritual growth and maturity?
First, let’s talk about “non-availability” – what is that a sign of? --- SPIRTUAL IMMATURITY… “What’s mine is mine and you can’t have it.
ONE THE OTHER HAND…
Isaiah 6:8 (ESV) — 8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Isaiah 6:1–8 (ESV) — 1 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!” 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” 8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
1 Peter 5:5–9 (ESV) — 5 Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” –
How do we stay in the “availability” mode mentally?
“BETTER THAN I DESERVE”
LOOKING FOR WAYS TO SERVE AND BE GENEROUS --- SEE ACTS
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk Off season workouts… we have a longer season here but when we do get to an off season … what are some good focus points – physically?
- Bob’s answer…
- ‘weight training
- Eating more protein --- carbs add weight and you just lost it in workouts
- Make a plan for off season aerobic training – “give yourself a break in doing something different.”
- Reset your habits and your normal workout schedule – you need a break to kee things fresh
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 119
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”