109 - Preparing To Meet God
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 109 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 109 titled:
“Preparing To Meet God”
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – We’ve talked about this before but review for us again how much preparation you do before you start your shift as an officer of the Law.
- BB – How about Sunday morning as part of the music team at your church where you play guitar – what all has gone into your preparation?
- JT – How about you? Do you prepare or do you just stand up on Sunday and see what happens? (teehee)
- Bob – POINT: Anything that is important requires preparation. And the reverse is true in that anything we don’t think we need to prepare … is an indication we really don’t think it is all that important.
Amos 4:12 (ESV) — 12 “Therefore thus I will do to you, O Israel; because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel!”
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“Preparing To Meet God”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Preparing To Meet God”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “Finding Delight In The Lord’s Day” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
You covered two important aspects of preparing to meet God in your blog, namely in judgment and in worship… I know there are more so let’s talk about those…
- God’s word
- Comfort and encouragement --- both ways (from God and to&from others)
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” – If we are of a mindset that doesn’t like to prepare – HOW CAN WE CHANGE?
- By God’s grace – recognize “not preparing” is a sin… because it lowers the standard
Mark 12:29–31 (ESV) — 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
- ((((ILL – VP visit))))
Proverbs 28:13 (ESV) — 13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.
- Critical assessment
John 4:23–24 (ESV) — 23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life…. Let’s talk about the value of a interval training. Why is it so important?
- BB – JT this is your area of expertise!
- JT answers
- BB – benefits in losing weight, building strength, HRV, thereby relieving stress, even building testosterone
- Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 109
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Time Management
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”