108 - The Gift Of Time
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 108 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 108 titled:
“The Gift Of Time”
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – What do you think of first when I say the word: steward or stewardship?”
- BB – How would you grade yourself on your stewardship of time?
- JT – How about you? How would you grade yourself?”
- Bob – POINT: The Bible is clear that our time is not ours with do as we please. Our time, our talent, and our treasure (money) is actually God’s and He holds us accountable to make the most for His glory from that which He places in our hands.
Ephesians 5:15–17 (ESV) — 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“The Gift Of Time”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“The Gift Of Time”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “The Power Of Time Management” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Why is it so important to look at time as something for which we are stewards and not owners?
1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (ESV) — 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV) — 31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Proverbs 3:5–10 (ESV) — 5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. 7 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. 8 It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones. 9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; 10 then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.
- Parable of the talents – Well done good and faithful servant vs.
You wicked and slothful servant!
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” – How can we get a handle on our time to make the most of it.
First – as I mentioned in the article – make a log of your time for a week and see where you are spending your time. Then look at the needed adjustments and discipline yourself in making the adjustments – which may require a friend or counselor to hold you accountable but after you get a handle on the change … it’s a matter of keeping the flow.
SECOND – recognize we all need breaks --- that’ why God scheduled a required weekly break --- Sabbath – Lord’s Day
The principle then is to push hard and let off to push hard again… so scheduling time to let off the pedal and do something is important but it’s also important to set limits so the activity that gives refreshment doesn’t consume you.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life…. Let’s talk about the value of a training partner. Why is it so important?
- BB – Look at us! The value of a training partner is accountability to show up, the extra push you get from your partner as well as the consolation – (((us at the open water swim being passed by others)))
Main thing: Accountability --- ((SECRET: HEALTH CLUBS ENCOURAGE YOU TO BRING A FRIEND - not just to make money off your friend but so you will be more apt to use the club and get the benefits)))
((Joe Salwin story))
- Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 108
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Time Management
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”