106 - Do you want the truth?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 106 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 106 titled:
“Do you want the truth?”
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with John Trebino, also known as JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – I remember a number of weeks ago your frustration with a young man who kept avoiding truth… even though you were exercising great patience in seeking the truth..
How frustrating is that to long for the truth but feel you are not getting it?
- JT – I know you’ve had similar times in your ministerial career… when you are dealing with someone who refuses to admit his error …
2 Timothy 2:24–26 (ESV) — 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
- Bob – POINT: We all desire truth and get upset when we are not getting it but the real question is “can we handle the truth?” Unless we are people given to “the truth” about God and His word… we can’t handle the truth anywhere else…
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“Do you want the truth?”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Do you want the truth?”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob - “God’s PowerLine Of Prayer” and –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE…. A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS…
Good question Ken..
This is exactly what the blog was about…
Our focus is God’s truth which means we sell ourselves out to the truth no matter what is happing in the world today…
We can’t let the world and all that is happening in the world deter us from the truth…
AND WE KNOW THAT the truth will never be popular.. because people cannot handle the truth …
2 Thessalonians 2:9–12 (ESV) — 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” – How can we “buy the truth and avoid selling it off?
FOCUS --- realize there are many things calling to you… to take your eyes off the prize…
Matthew 13:44–46 (ESV) — 44 “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. 45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
John 8:31–32 (ESV) — 31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What are some mistakes that athletes make when they are training but become exhausted?
- Stop eating and/or drinking
- Eat way too much
- Go into survival mode
- Reject help from others
- Give into ANTS – automatic negative thoughts
What say you JT?
- JT answers
- BB It takes discipline to do something … but it’s worth it.
1 Corinthians 9:27 (ESV) — 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- Bob’s final comment
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 106
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- God’s PowerLine Of Prayer
(((pause for music transition)))
(JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”