103 - The Warning Light Principle
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 103 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 103 titled:
“The Warning Light Principle”
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – In what area do you often feel a little short? Where you don’t have enough ….
- JT – What about you – where are you a little short?
- Bob – POINT: God uses those “feeling a bit short” experiences to get our attention because if we never had a shortage, we’d feel we have everything together – WHICH we don’t. So He gives us a warning light principle… it’s called SHORTAGE
2 Corinthians 12:7–9 (ESV) — 7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“The Warning Light Principle”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“The Warning Light Principle”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Battle For The Mind” with “SPECIAL OFFER”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
Let’s talk about that shortage of energy --- I agree that everyone seems so tired all the time… Do you really think it’s because people fail to take a day of rest, to really rejuvenate on the Lord’s Day?
God gave the ten commandments for a reason – NOT JUST TO show us our desperate need of a Savior to atone for our sins since we are unable to keep the 10 commandments perfectly… but the ten commandments are for our good… INCLUDING THE NEED TO TAKE DAY OF REST AND REJUVENATION AS WE HONOR GOD WITH ONE DAY OF THE WEEK….
Exodus 20:8–11 (ESV) — 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
The Sabbath was meant to be an oasis in the desert of life to recharge…
BUT …. Like the other commandments we find a way to get around it and we wonder why we do not find the benefits….
Isaiah 58:13–14 (ESV) — 13 “If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; 14 then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” – Let’s talk about the shortage of time? How are we supposed to think about time?
How would you think an owner would treat a steward who squandered his money?
God has given us 168 hours a week…
Ephesians 2:10 (ESV) — 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 5:15–17 (ESV) — 15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Anything that God places in our hands, He holds us accountable for what we do with it. --- INCLUDING THE 168 HOURS IN A WEEK
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about training in the heat… (you’ve raced in some hot conditions and I know you’ve trained in hot conditions… what is the key…
Did you know the older you get the more heat sensitive you become because your body loses it’s ability to adapt to the heat… and the cold for that matter too…
First key is hydration. Of course
The second key is cooling – having some sort of extra cooling mechanism in place – be it water on the head, moist cooling towel, and of course wicking clothing.
Post workout cool down is also very important – and timing is also important…
What say you?
- JT answers
- BB It takes discipline to stay cool… but it’s worth it.
1 Corinthians 9:27 (ESV) — 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- Bob’s final comment
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 103
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Battle For the Mind WITH OFFER
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”