102 - The Kinked Hose
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 102 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 102 titled:
“The Kinked Hose”
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – Have you ever been watering your or washing your truck only to find a kinked hose?
- BB - What do you?
- JT answers…
- BB – What about a kick in the flow of grace from God?
- Bob – POINT: We may not think of it as a kink in the hose but all of us have experienced a sudden drop off from the blessing of God’s presence, power, and encouragement from His word, prayer, or the connection with others… in other words feeling like our spiritual life is in the doldrums…
Hebrews 12:15 (ESV) — 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;
BUT like everything else – God’s gives grace to recognize things and recover… even from the kink in the hose…
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“The Kinked Hose”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“The Kinked Hose”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Battle For The Mind” with “SPECIAL OFFER”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
Tell us again about those three ways our hose seems to get kinked… and what we can do about it…
There are a number of kinks described in the Bible. I mentioned three in the blog: ingratitude, pride, and bitterness.
It’s simple… but takes discipline…
- IN order to avoid the kink of ingratitude – discipline yourself to live a life a gratitude… ask God to help you…recognize the little things and big things and be quick to voice gratitude
- In order to avoid the kink of pride – discipline yourself to live a life of dependency – which is pleasing to God but vile to the flesh
- In order to avoid the kink of bitterness – discipline yourself to confess it, and follow the steps to relieve the bitterness…
Ephesians 1:19–20 (ESV) — 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT” - Upon what do we focus to undo the kinks when we recognize them?
- No sense getting made at the kink – just like getting mad at the hose… doesn’t do any good --- or in this case getting upset with yourself
- Remember – repent – restore…
Revelation 2:5 (ESV) — 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Let’s talk about training with a mask….
What say you?
- JT answers
- BB It takes discipline to not over fill yourself with carbs…
1 Corinthians 9:27 (ESV) — 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- Bob’s final comment
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 102
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Battle For the Mind WITH OFFER
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”