100 - To Fear Or Not To Frear
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 100 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 100 titled:
“To Fear Or Not Fear”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – What is your greatest fear in life?
- JT – In what area does fear grip you?
- Bob – POINT: A follower of Jesus Christ has every reason NOT to fear but the truth of the matter is we all face fears on every hand and sometimes they get the best of us. So what should we do? Take a lesson from John in the book of Revelation, actually from Jesus as He ministered to John in the midst of great fear…
Revelation 1:17–18 (ESV) — 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“To Fear Or Not Fear”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“To Fear Or Not Fear”
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Power In The Valley”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
What is going on spiritually when fear grips our lives? And what should we do?
The battle is with the world the flesh and the devil – ALL OF WHICH ARE BENT ON TAKING OUR EYES OFF OF CHRIST AND DISEMPOWERING US --- ALL OF WHICH BY THE WAY HAVE BEEN CONQUERED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
THE WORLD – everything is always bad – fear is a manipulation to make us think the world has the only solution.
THE FLESH – just wants to be comfortable and convinces us that we are in control and have a better way
THE DEVIL – is always out to replace the Lord Jesus Christ or dethrone Him from King… He can’t do that BIG PICTURE but he can disrupt our lives….
Ephesians 6:10–12 (ESV) — 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:13–18 (ESV) — 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Philippians 4:6–7 (ESV) — 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- JT – Question Two… What is a good mental strategy for overcoming fear?
Remember who you are…
2 Timothy 1:7–10 (ESV) — 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10 and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
Do you ever have any fear in workouts?
- Like when you are swimming in the ocean?
- Like when you are descending on your bike?
- Like when you are riding 100 plus miles?
- When you are pushing your limits?
- WHAT DO YOU DO?
- Focus on the moment…
- Focus on Scripture…
- Focus on form
Psalm 56:11 (ESV) — 11 in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Isaiah 12:2 (ESV) — 2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
What say you?
1 Corinthians 9:27 (ESV) — 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- Bob’s final comment
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 100
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Battle For the Mind
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”