084 - Return To The Basics
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 084 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 084 titled:
“Return To The Basics”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – Have you ever found yourself in that proverbial trap of doing something over and over and not getting results?
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – How about you?
- BB (((answer)))
- Bob – POINT: Wasn’t it Albert Einstein who said that is the definition of insanity…
We’ve all been there and done that for sure. No wonder, Vince Lombardi when he took over as head coach of the Green Bay Packers… took the team back to the basics… so much so he even opened his first meeting with showing them a football and saying, “this is a football”
If we want to know the power of God in our lives, it’s not a matter of doing more… it’s really a matter of getting back to the basics….
- JT --- This seems to be a theme we’re in this podcast… so there must be a reason….
--- LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“Return To the Basics”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
“Return To The Basics”
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Basic Prayer Training”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
How do you know if you are caught up in a spiritual rut? … and maybe you think YOU ARE BACK TO THE BASICS – but you don’t see yourself as going forward??
Haggai 1:5–7 (ESV) — 5 Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. 6 You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes. 7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways.
“take heed” or “take care” – 56 times in the Bible
Deuteronomy 11:16 (ESV) — 16 Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them;
Jeremiah 17:21 (ESV) — 21 Thus says the Lord: Take care for the sake of your lives, and do not bear a burden on the Sabbath day or bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem.
Mark 4:24 (ESV) — 24 And he said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you.
Acts 20:28 (ESV) — 28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
1 Corinthians 8:9 (ESV) — 9 But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.
Hebrews 3:12 (ESV) — 12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.
- An honest assessment … of yourself in the light … then
Revelation 2:4–5 (ESV) — 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
As I said in the article --- remember, repent, restore, and repeat….
- JT – Question Two…
From a mental standpoint it’s almost like we need a nudge to get out of the mental rut of trying the same thing with a harder and harder effort. Kind of like we’d do when our car would get stuck in the snow… What does God provide for that scenario?
Proverbs 27:6 (ESV) — 6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
- Heavenly sandpaper from your spouse
Ephesians 4:15 (ESV) — 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,
Proverbs 25:11 (ESV) — 11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.
- CD stuck
2 Timothy 4:2 (ESV) — 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
John 16:8–10 (ESV) — 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
- Not trying to make your feel bad but to get you “unstuck”
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What happens in training if you are doing the same thing but not getting the result?
- Maybe you need a coach… or a friend to help you by looking over your training program and where you might make a change….
- Too often it’s trying to accomplish the fancy workouts we see on line or the workout is too much for us so we cut corners…
… What say you JT?
- JT: answer
- Bob’s final comment
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 084
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- One Breath From Death
(((pause for music transition)))
(JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”