077 - God’s Perfect Timing
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 077 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 077 titled:
“God’s Perfect timing”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
- BB – How good are you at waiting?
- JT - (((answer)))
- BB – Do you ever find yourself discouraged waiting on God?
- JT – How about you – do you ever get discouraged waiting on God to do something?
- BB (((answer)))
- Bob – POINT: We all get into the mode of almost “scoffing” at the promises of God when we get discouraged waiting… like described in 2 Peter 3
2 Peter 3:3–4 (ESV) — 3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”
There were people like that at the time of Jesus’ first advent – the incarnation…. But consider what is said about that scene…
Galatians 4:4–5 (ESV) — 4 But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
- At just the right time God sent forth His son… Just the right time..
- God’s timing is perfect
- JT --- LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog,
“God’s Perfect Timing”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
“God’s Perfect Timing”
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Strength Training For Your Love Life – 30 Day Marriage Challenge”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
What is the most spiritual thing to do when I get discouraged waiting upon God?
- Review God’s word… both His promises and His precepts through the examples in the OT
Romans 15:4 (ESV) — 4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
- Timing is everything…
- Example of Abraham with Isaac and the ram caught
- Example Jacob wrestling with the Angel of the Lord
- Example of David and Goliath
Psalm 31:15 (ESV) — 15 My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
1 Chronicles 12:32 (ESV) — 32 Of Issachar, men who had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do, 200 chiefs, and all their kinsmen under their command.
Isaiah 55:8–9 (ESV) — 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
God’s demonstration of timing in the incarnation --- Galatians 4:1-7
- JT – Question Two…
What do we do “mentally” to hold tight to this principle of God’s perfect timing?
Think this through… Go back to 2 Peter 3…
2 Peter 3:3–9 (ESV) — 3 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4 They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6 and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. 8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
- Stop the negativity … by reminding yourself of the principles here…
- God’s timing is not our timing and He has a purpose for what seems to be a delay…
- (JT) Third Question …. Turning to the physical aspect of life….
What has been the best workout you’ve had over the past year?
- Answer and
- HOW ABOUT YOU, JT?
- JT: answer
- Bob’s final comment on working out
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 077
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Breastplate of Remembrance
(((pause for music transition)))
(JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”