038 - Stop and Consider This
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 038 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 038, titled:
“Stop and Consider This”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob on the PowerBreak Podcast – A twice weekly show – featuring the question answer and good times with JT and me along with our interview program where I interview interesting guests about their stories of perseverance…
- JT – remarks regarding “Subscribing AND TELLING”
Check out The PowerBreak Podcast wherever you download podcasts or via our website. Please Subscribe so you’ll never miss an episode of the discussion podcast or the interview PowerBreak podcast…. And it really helps if you’ll leave a rating and review… but make sure you subscribe…
- BB – Name an attribute of God about which you like think.
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – How do you like to think about God?
- Bob – POINT: Although God reveals “communicable attributes” – those attributes we can understand, much of God is far beyond our thinking and rightly so – if we could understand everything about God then He wouldn’t be God.
- JT --- I THINK WE OUGHT TO TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog, “Stop And Consider This”
Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
“Stop And Consider This
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Strength Training For Your Love Life”))))
–… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE
You talked about the need to consider God’s superiority in the PowerBreak blog… Why is it so important to make sure we have a high view of God?
Psalm 50:21–23 (ESV) — 21 These things you have done, and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you. 22 “Mark this, then, you who forget God, lest I tear you apart, and there be none to deliver! 23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God!”
Isaiah 55:8–9 (ESV) — 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Psalm 50:10–12 (ESV) — 10 For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine. 12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine.
Daniel 11:32 (ESV) — 32 He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action.
Hebrews 11:6 (ESV) — 6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Jeremiah 9:23–24 (ESV) — 23 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, 24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”
- (JT) The next question is from a mental standpoint…
- Is the importance of bringing our focus on this subject of the greatness of God a way of bringing our thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ?
2 Corinthians 10:3–5 (ESV) — 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
Replacement therapy --- replace the inferior with the superior
Daniel 4:34–35 (ESV) — 34 At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever, for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation; 35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”
Romans 8:28 (ESV) — 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
We’ve talked about this before but how is the care of our bodies important in the total picture of mind body and soul?
1 Timothy 4:7–8 (ESV) — 7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; 8 for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.
1 Corinthians 9:24–27 (ESV) — 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 038
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Finding Delight In The Lord’s Day
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”