030 - Enjoying The Overflow
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 030 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 030, titled: “Enjoying The Overflow”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob & JT – remarks regarding “Interview Podcasts”
Check out The PowerBreak Podcast wherever you download podcasts or via our website. There weekly discussion of PowerBreak concepts and interesting interviews with stories of perseverance to help you succeed in the race of life
- BB – Dale Carter, “Better than I deserve.”
- Karl Lutz, “Life good creamy and rich”
- “Are you enjoying the overflow of life?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “How about you, Are you enjoying the overflow?”
- Bob (((answer – CALL TO MINISTRY STORY)))
- Bob – POINT: We all get stuck in the trap of life and forget about ENJOYING THE OVERFLOW….
- JT --- I THINK WE OUGHT TO TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog, “ENJOYING THE OVERFLOW”
Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, ENJOYING THE OVERFLOW
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “POWER IN THE VALLEY”))
& (((Finding Delight On The Lord’s Day)) – just finished – month or so…
& Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- MORE Comments on the email address --- JT@bobbrubaker.com .
- JT – Question ONE
Let’s talk some more about the spiritual side of ENJOYING THE OVERFLOW
IF A PERSON IS NOT… WHAT DO THEY DO?
- The overflow and the enjoyment thereof are all of GRACE
John 1:16 (ESV) — 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.
Receiving from God is like the fighter pilot getting into radar lock….(((explain)))
God is not moving but we are so what we helps us to get locked in on Him and His channel of OVERFLOW brings abundant of blessing AND we recognize it…
So how do you get locked in… (((means of grace – puritans – word, prayer, sacrament))) might include fellowship with other believers… it’s a matter of FOCUS
Mark 12:29–31 (ESV) — 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
What is keeping you from loving God with all your being – your time, your talent, your treasure, your idols, etc. … (((example of rich young ruler)))
CONCLUSION – if you are NOT ENJOYING THE OVERFLOW… then let’s talk about your focus and your love… get that right which is a grace in itself you then get locked into the flow of the overflow from above…
“my cup runneth over”
- (JT) The next question is from a mental standpoint…
“What can a person do when they are not experiencing the abundant overflow from God and they find themselves getting really down over it – maybe to the point they question their salvation.
- Bob ---- (1st – assurance of salvation based upon fact not feeling --- based upon the Scripture not our circumstances…
2nd --- we may think that we are not experiencing the overflow … but on what do we base that… that we are not getting the cup overflowing… Maybe We need to take a second look at our lives and how God is providing for us or how He is protecting us.
Lamentations 3:19–24 (ESV) — 19 Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! 20 My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. 21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
A lot of people are traveling at this time of the year… What’s a person to do about keeping up with their workouts and keeping in shape as they travel.
- (BOB) ----
- Do your homework… know what is available where you are going
- Make a plan for exercise --- being realistic
- Make a plan for eating --- being realistic
- Stick to your plan
- Sometimes the workout is walking, maybe carrying a backpack
- Sometimes you get a workout in a hotel room doing a system of body weight exercises…
- You won’t get out of shape if you work on movement
WHAT SAY YOU JT? --- What did you do on those days you took your family to Disney and you’ve been on a cruise recently?
(((JT ANSWERS ))))
Bob --- just do something and you’ll feel better about yourself…
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 030
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Basic Prayer Training
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”