028 - Paralyzation From Over-analyzation
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 028 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 028, titled: “Paralyzation From Over-analyzation”
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob & JT – remarks regarding “Interview Podcasts”
- BB - “Have you ever been stuck on making a decision?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “Have you ever been paralyzed from over-analysis?”
- Bob (((answer – CALL TO MINISTRY STORY)))
- Bob – POINT: We all get stuck in the trap of Paralyzation From Over-analyzation.
- JT --- Let’s talk some more about this as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog, “Paralyzation From Over-analyzation”
Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, Paralyzation From Over-analyzation
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “The Power In Time Management”))
(((Finding Delight On The Lord’s Day)) – just finished – month or so…
& Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Comments on the email address --- JT@bobbrubaker.com .
(((BOBBRUBAKER.COM ON THE BUTT OF THE BIKE KIT))) 😊
- JT – Question ONE
Let’s talk some more about the spiritual side of Paralyzation From Over-analyzation… how is this a spiritual problem and how do we overcome?
- James 1:5–8 (ESV) — 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
- Luke 9:62 (ESV) — 62 Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”
- Luke 17:32–33 (ESV) — 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to preserve his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life will keep it.
CONCLUSION: Stop and think about it… If God’s word warns about the negative affects of being paralyzed from over-analyzing … and Jesus said the only to follow Him is by being all in and not looking back… THEN LISTEN UP… “get out of the boat and follow Jesus”
- (JT) The next question is from a mental standpoint…
“What if your personality trait is to act from detailed analysis?
How do you keep that from paralyzing you?”
- Bob ----
Making Decision Process…
2 Timothy 1:7 (ESV) — 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
James 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
- List – PEACE – don’t look back! ---- “call to ministry”
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- How does this Paralyzation From Over-analyzation come out in the physical aspect of life?
- (BOB) ----
Weight loss, training, even racing….
You can speak to this….
Paralyzation From Over-analyzation – holds us back from needed momentum in the race of life – spiritually, mentally, and physically…
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 028
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- One Breath From Death
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”