026 - Are you ready for this?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 026 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 026, titled: “Are You Ready For This?” – I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break
to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob & JT – remarks regarding “Interview Podcasts”
- BB - “As a police officer, How do you define, “readiness / preparedness?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “How does a minister look at the word readiness / preparedness?”
- Bob (((answer)))
- Bob – POINT: We work on readiness in a variety of areas of life but how about readiness when it comes to receiving that for which we’ve been praying?
What if God’s answer to our prayers would be, “Are you ready for this?”
- JT --- Let’s talk some more about this as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
- Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog, “Are You Ready For This?”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, Are You REAdy For This
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “God’s PowerLine Of Prayer”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO email@example.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
- We discussed your recent PowerBreak blog, “Are you ready for this?” and the need to be ready to receive from God – SO tell us how we prepare to receive from God.
Psalm 81:10–11 (ESV) — 10 I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. 11 “But my people did not listen to my voice; Israel would not submit to me.
1 Peter 5:6–7 (ESV) — 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
((Matt 25 – parable of the talents)))
Prepare to receive --- ((borrow the pots)) 2KINGS
Isaiah 54:2 (ESV) "Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out; do not hold back; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes.
Luke 16:10-13 (ESV) 10 "One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much. 11 If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own? 13 No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."
- CONCLUSION: Stop and think about it… why would God bless us with those things for which we’ve been asking if we are demanding, or we’re not living in expectation by preparing for His blessing, and of course if we are NOT good stewards with what He’s already provided?
- (JT) The next question is from a mental standpoint…
“I’m thinking that making preparations by being humble in asking, in literally making preparations for the answer, and making sure we are good stewards with what His’s already provided is a way of bringing our minds to a place of faith….
- Bob ---- PRECISELY!
2 Corinthians 10:5 (ESV) — 5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,
- Motion produces emotion
- Actions speak louder than words…
- Mentally we sometimes have a hard time getting our minds around things we cannot see or understand
Hebrews 11:6 (ESV) — 6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Hebrews 11:1 (ESV) — 1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
James 2:17 (ESV) — 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
- Ask humbly
- Make preparations to receive
- Being a good steward with what you’ve received
Matthew 7:7–11 (ESV) — 7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- Your thoughts on resistance training…
- (BOB) ----
Exponential muscle/strength loss // weight loss
What say you on this subject?
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 026
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power OF Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”