022 - Stuck On Stupid
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 022 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 022, titled: “Stuck On Stupid” – I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break
to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob & JT – remarks regarding “spreading the word”
- BB - “Have you ever done any stupid things?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “How about you?”
- Bob (((answer)))
- Bob – POINT: We all have done some stupid things… but the real question is have we learned from our mistakes are did we get stuck on stupid?
- JT --- Let’s talk some more about this as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, tell us what you wrote in your blog, “stuck on stupid.”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, Stuck On Stupid
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Battle For The Mind”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
“You brought it up in the blog we covered but how do we make sure we are NOT getting stuck on stupid when it comes to God’s Word?
- Take it in, meditate upon it, and be willing apply…
John 14:23–24 (ESV) — 23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.
James 1:23–25 (ESV) — 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
Luke 8:8 (ESV) — 8 And some fell into good soil and grew and yielded a hundredfold.” As he said these things, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”
Psalm 1:1–3 (ESV) — 1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
Acts 17:11 (ESV) — 11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
- CONCLUSION: Go to God’s word with a ready mind, meditate upon what you receive, then act upon it …
- (JT) The next question is from a mental standpoint…
“What in your mind is a person to do when they get trapped in automatic negative thoughts (((( those pesky ANTS )))?”
- Bob ---- QUESTION THEIR VALIDITY…
Psalm 42:5 (ESV) — 5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation
- REPLACE THE NEGATIVE
Psalm 103:1–5 (ESV) — 1 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, 3 who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, 5 who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life….
- Seems like you’ve been talking about the importance of the intake of the right spiritual and mental food … what about the importance of food in the physical part of the race of life?
- (BOB) ----
- You could talk about this one … I’m sure. Talk to us about one thing you’ve learned... on the subject.
- JT on diet, supplement OR WHATEVER..
- Here’s SOMETHING I have learned….
- Everyone is different so you need to experiment with food and diets … that means you research and be willing to adjust
- BUT --- FIND SOMETHING STICK TO IT FOR AT LEAST 30 OR 40 DAYS AND NOTE THE CHANGES OR LACK THEREOF
- Most failures happen because people don’t follow things as they should for as long as they should – diets, supplements, systems, etc.
- STICK IT OUT before you give it up.
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 022
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Running To Win
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”