018 - Consider the Incline
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 018 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 018, titled: “Consider the Incline” – I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob – “What do you think of when I say, ‘INCLINE’”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “Obviously, you wrote about it but what was the first thing to your mind when you thought of the word, INCLINE?”
- Bob (((answer)))
- Bob – It comes down to a matter looking to come up from the bottom to the top
- JT --- Let’s talk some more about this as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, What’s New?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, From the Bottom To The Top
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Basic Prayer Training”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
Your PowerBreak blog was about this… “considering the incline” – and I liked how you took us through God inclining to us as to hear our every cry… but let’s look at the other incline you talked about, namely our inclining to God, if you please. How does that happen?
. Everything begins and ends with GRACE…
Ephesians 2:8–10 (ESV) — 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
1 Corinthians 15:8–10 (ESV) — 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.
Psalm 141:4 (ESV) — 4 Do not let my heart incline to any evil, to busy myself with wicked deeds in company with men who work iniquity, and let me not eat of their delicacies!
Isaiah 55:1–3 (ESV) — 1 “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food. 3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David.
CONCLUSION: GRACE PLUS EFFORT (DISCIPLINE) = INCLINING TO GOD…
- (JT) Let me ask the question again from a mental standpoint…
- How are we supposed to look at those inclines called mountains…
From the blog:
Psalm 121:1–8 (ESV) — 1 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 4 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. 6 The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8 The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
- (JT) Turning to the physical aspect of life…. What if we are called upon to climb an incline – say a bridge, hill, or mountain… What is the best way?
- (BOB) ---- Enjoy the moment… don’t be intimidated by the mountains… the physical challenges you face in life.
Mark 11:23–24 (ESV) — 23 Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Philippians 3:13–14 (ESV) — 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 018
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- God’s Powerline Of Prayer
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”