014 - How's Your Attitude?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 014 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 014, titled “How’s Your Attitude”– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this little break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob – “JT – Have you ever needed an attitude adjustment?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “Bob – “Do pastor’s ever need an attitude adjustment?”
- Bob (((answer)))
- Bob – It comes down to a matter of attitude…
- JT --- We’ll be talking more about on this show but first… it’s time for WHAT’S NEW – as we look at Bob’s most recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, What’s New?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, How Is Your Attitude?
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – “. What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “The Power Of Time Management”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
Your PowerBreak blog was about this… “ATTITUDE” – let’s talk some more about the importance of attitude and how we can improve our attitude. So that is the question --- HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY ATTITUDE? From a spiritual standpoint….
Colossians 3:1–17 (ESV) — 1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them. 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. 11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- (JT) Let me ask the question again from a mental standpoint… say you were running a marathon and you woke up feeling really lousy… how can you change your attitude to be your best as you run the 26.2 mile course?
… or worse what if you develop a bad attitude while you are competing?
Revelation 2:4–5 (ESV) — 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
- (JT) Physical side of things… “What does an athlete do when he/she doesn’t feel like training?
- (BOB) ---- assess – why? (hurt? Overtrain? … life? Laziness)))
Proverbs 20:4 (ESV) — 4 The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.
Proverbs 26:16 (ESV) — 16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.
Proverbs 6:6 (ESV) — 6 Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 014
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Power Of Gratitude
(((pause for music transition)))
(JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”