012 - The Courage Quotient
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 012 – SHOW NOTES
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 012, titled “The Courage Quotient”– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this little break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob – “JT – Have you ever needed an attitude adjustment?”
- JT - (((answer)))
- JT – “Bob – “Do pastor’s ever need an attitude adjustment?”
- Bob (((answer)))
- Bob – It comes down to a matter of attitude
- JT --- We’ll be talking about on this show but first… it’s time for WHAT’S NEW – as we look at Bob’s most recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, What’s New?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article, The Courage Quotient
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – “. What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “The Breastplate Of Remembrance”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
I notice in your PowerBreak on the Courage Quotient that you emphasized courage to be faithful to God and His word…. How does that relate to the courage needed to face difficult circumstances?
Joshua 1:7–9 (ESV) — 7 Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- (JT) This listener writes and says, Bob and JT I have trouble staying focused in my training… I have a goal of working out three times a week but too often I let life get in the way. What do I do?
- Accountability – coach / workout partner
LESSON FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE… (We all need a little push from someone else)
2 Timothy 4:1–8 (ESV) — 1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
- (JT) Physical side of things… “How important is rest?”
- (BOB) ---- Sabbath example
Exodus 20:8–11 (ESV) — 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
- Land – every seven years
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 012
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Power In The Valley
- Valley of Achor - trouble
- Valley of Beracha - blessing
- Valley of Baca - weeping
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”