011 - Half Baked
The PowerBreak Podcast
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 011, titled “Half Baked” – I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this little break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob – Question JT – “I know you cook a great steak ….. but have you ever done any baking?”
- JT --- We’ll be talking about on this show but first… it’s time for WHAT’S NEW – as we look at Bob’s most recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, What’s New?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
- Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com”
- JT – “. What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “Power In the Valley”)) & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Question ONE
This is probably a loaded question and you covered it briefly in your blog, but “How can Christians be HALF BAKED?”
- Less than “all in”
- Walk away from what God is doing
- Mess around with things they shouldn’t
Luke 9:23 (ESV) — 23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
Hosea 7:8 (ESV) — 8 Ephraim mixes himself with the peoples; Ephraim is a cake not turned.
- (JT) “MENTAL CHECK” – How can a person know whether they are “all in or not?”
- (BOB) - HEART CHECK UP (GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS)
Matthew 15:8 (ESV) — 8 “ ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;
- Marathon training
Colossians 3:23–24 (ESV) — 23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:17 (ESV) — 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- (JT) We’ve both seen this “half baked” concept in physical activities… and we’ve been there and done that ourselves… so the question is what’s a person to do to keep that from happening in physical activities and training.
- (BOB) ---- FOCUS / rest / goals / plan
- Marked out goals…
Philippians 3:14–16 (ESV) — 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 011
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Running To Win
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”