007 - Preparing For The Unexpected
The PowerBreak Podcast
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 007, titled “Preparing For The Unexpected” – I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this little break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
- Bob – Were you ever surprised by the unexpected when you competed?
- JT – Didn’t you say that you faced the unexpected one time when you competed in the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii?
- JT --- We’ll be talking about on this show but first… it’s time for WHAT’S NEW – as we look at Bob’s most recent blog from bobbrubaker.com … Bob, What’s New?
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
Preparing For the Unexpected
- JT – “. What’s happening Bob? Any news we need to know about this week?”…
- Bob (((BOOK PITCH FOR “The Power Of Gratitude))) & Sermon link on the website including my sermons through the book of Revelation.
- JT – “So here we go… in our time for WHAT ABOUT THIS… –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- Bob – COMMENTS on Q& A.
- JT – Ready for Question ONE
“You mentioned Philippians 4:13 in your PowerBreak article. How should we take that verse? We see many athletes and others use that verse as motivation but you seemed to indicate the context has to do with contentment.
Philippians 4:10–13 (ESV) — 10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Isaiah 40:30–31 (ESV) — 30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Deuteronomy 33:25 (ESV) — 25 Your bars shall be iron and bronze, and as your days, so shall your strength be.
- (JT) OK second question – How can an athlete or the common “Joe or Jane” mentally prepare for the unexpected in the race of life?
- (BOB) --- prepare for various scenarios --- God is in control and has your back…
Philippians 4:8–9 (ESV) — 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Romans 8:28 (ESV) — 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Jeremiah 29:11–13 (ESV) — 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
- (JT) What about physical preparation for the unexpected. How can we prepare physically?
- (BOB) – Variation in training… staying out of the rut.
Psalm 23:1–6 (ESV) — 1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 007
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to email@example.com and listen for Bob’s answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Battle For The Mind
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.”