233 - Which Is Better?
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 233– SHOW NOTES (2023 – 03)
Show date –1/17/22
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 233 titled:
Which Is Better?
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – We are talking today about … “Which Is Better?”…
So JT What does that title bring up to your mind?
- Bob – POINT: Life is full of choices which means we better be ready to make better choices. The Bible is full of counsel on making good decisions… so we may know “which is better” in the long run. Case in point!
Proverbs 15:16–17 (ESV) — 16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble with it. 17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
“Which Is Better?”
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
“Which Is Better?”
Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? What would you like our listeners to know about this week?
- Bob – The Battle For The Mind –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
Why is it so hard to make good choices?
- Bob & JT discuss
1 John 2:15–17 (ESV) — 15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
James 1:12–15 (ESV) — 12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.
James 4:7 (ESV) — 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Ephesians 6:17–18 (ESV) — 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
Proverbs 16:19 (ESV) — 19 It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT”
How should we mentally prepare to choose the better?
- Bob & JT discuss
1 Corinthians 10:12–13 (ESV) — 12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
2 Peter 1:3 (ESV) — 3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,
Psalm 1 (ESV) — 1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. 4 The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; 6 for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
- (JT) Third Question …. From the physical side of life…
Let’s talk about the importance of putting something on the calendar throughout the year as in physical activities or challenges.
- Bob and JT discuss…
- Keeps you motivated – a run, a race, a challenge, something that will stretch you that keeps your focus in training.
- Creates the need to make a goal, break down the goal in to bites size pieces, which makes for accomplishments along the way
- Purpose for training…
Anything else JT?
Bob and JT discuss goals for the coming year….
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 233.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for OUR answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast (((:03 pause)))
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- The Battle For The Mind
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.