203 - Resisting Change
The PowerBreak Podcast
Program 203 – SHOW NOTES (2022 – 25)
Show date –6/21/22
THE Q&A FORMAT
- OPEN with Tease
(Bob) “This is the PowerBreak Podcast, number 203 titled:
Pause for 5 seconds
– I’m Bob Brubaker along with JT as we hope you will stay tuned as we seek to give you a little power in this break to help you succeed in the race of life.”
- (JT) This is the – PowerBreak Podcast – with a focus on the spiritual, the mental, and the physical aspects – all to help you succeed in the race of life. For show notes from today’s podcast go to bobbrubaker.com and follow the link for the PowerBreak podcast.
- Welcome – Bob and JT – chit chat about life, walk with God, training, etc.
BB&JT: Plea and thank you for ratings and review & for spreading the word via social media and word of mouth…
BB – We are talking today about … “Resisting Change”…
So JT What does that title bring up to your mind?
- Bob – POINT: We all get angry. The Bible is quick to say that when we do we need to focus on not sinning as a result and there’s a fine line. Thankfully, with the power of the Holy Spirit empowering the work of the word of God in our lives we can have victory in this area of life too.
Proverbs 16:32 (ESV) — 32 Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
- JT ------ OK THEN LET’S TALK SOME MORE ABOUT THAT as we bring up… WHAT’S NEW – as we open Bob’s recent blog from bobbrubaker.com …
- Presentation and discussion of Bob’s published article,
- Bob and JT discuss highlights of the PowerBreak blog
Bob concludes with “The PowerBreak blog is found at bobbrubaker.com” ((((:03 PAUSE))))
- JT – What’s happening Bob? What would you like our listeners to know about this week?
- Bob – Relief In Suffering –… & Sermon link on the website.
- JT – This is the PowerBreak Podcast, I’m JT along with Bob Brubaker and this is the –– time for some questions and answers. Feel free to submit your questions by EMAIL TO JT@bobbrubaker.com and we’ll get to the answer on an upcoming PowerBreak. Podcast…
- JT – Question ONE - FROM THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF LIFE….
What is the number one reason why we tend to resist change so much and what can we do to overcome that?
- Bob & JT discuss
Amos 6:1 (ESV) — 1 “Woe to those who are at ease in Zion, and to those who feel secure on the mountain of Samaria, the notable men of the first of the nations, to whom the house of Israel comes!
- Comfort the Afflicted / Afflict the comfortable
Proverbs 20:4 (ESV) — 4 The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.
Proverbs 26:13–16 (ESV) — 13 The sluggard says, “There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!” 14 As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed. 15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; it wears him out to bring it back to his mouth. 16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.
- Recognize the need to change
- Recognize the tendency to seek comfort over everything
- Apply discipline
Luke 16:16 (ESV) — 16 “The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it.
Isaiah 40:1–2 (ESV) — 1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. 2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
Luke 9:23 (ESV) — 23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
- JT – Question Two… “FROM THE MENTAL ASPECT”
Where do we begin … when it comes to making change in life?
- Bob & JT discuss
- Make a list of needed changes – maybe consult doc, pastor, advisor, etc.
- Make an action plan with steps to change
- Begin with baby steps of change
- Note the changes you make and record the results of making those changes
- Build momentum with change and overcoming resistance
- (JT) Third Question …. From the physical side of life…
What is the best way to use a Heart rate monitor?
- Bob and JT discuss…
- Thermometer vs. thermostat
- Alarms to let you know so you don’t have to study it while exercising
- Note the various levels – good to analyze after your workout
Bob’s final comment – It takes discipline ….
Point: DISCIPLINE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE --- in all aspects of life
Closing statement Bob…. “check out today’s show notes at bobbrubaker.com and click on the PowerBreak podcast – today’s show is 203.
- JT – Submit your questions by EMAIL to JT@bobbrubaker.com and listen for OUR answer on an upcoming PowerBreak Podcast (((:03 pause)))
- (((commercial by Bob))) --- Relief In Suffering
(((pause for music transition)))
- (JT) Thank you for joining us for the PowerBreak Podcast. Please subscribe and leave a review where-ever you have downloaded the podcast. Check out the show notes, news, Bob’s weekly blog, and other cool things at bobbrubabaker.com and listen next time for the – “powerbreak podcast.